The Challenges Service Providers Face In Providing Lean Startup or Customer Development Services To Startups
Based on our experience working with service providers, we have learnt they often experience the following challenges:
1. Difficulty in finding and getting access to startups, e.g. in startup accelerators and globally, who are keen to embrace Lean Startup and Customer Development approaches.
2. Getting recognised as a service provider that is certified in Lean Startup and Customer Development approaches.
3. Can’t get access to a targeted audience to more effectively and efficiently promote and sell their services and reduce marketing and customer acquisition costs.
4. Can’t get access to an online global marketplace where the ‘best’ service providers (as rated by startups) are recognised.
5. Can’t easily find startups who have the money to pay for their services.
A startup accelerator can help with some of these challenges. A traditional startup accelerator is typically a fixed-term, cohort-based program, that includes mentoring and education, which finishes in a pitch event or demo day.
What are the challenges service providers offering Lean Startup or Customer Development services might experience working with startup accelerators?
No, I haven’t and I don’t want to
No, I haven’t but I would like to
Yes, I have but I have not provided services
Yes, I have and I have provided services to the startups